(UPDATE: A third contender has recently entered the arena, called TalkStream. I haven’t had a chance to try it out yet, but I have a feeling it’ll be quite good, considering it is the latest offering by none other than GetResponse, the Email Service Provider that I use and highly recommend. It includes support for both audio and video for $19.95 per month, which is the same as Audio Acrobat. TalkStream’s main advantage is it offers a toll-free testimonial-recording line.)
These service providers offer fairly similar features and benefits for those of you who are either too busy to tinker with your own home-made solutions that the software programs provide, and don’t mind paying a monthly service fee ($20-$30), or simply need the extra features that are available.
- record and store unlimited number of audio messages;
- record messages by phone, microphone, or upload existing recordings;
- record your tele-seminars or other conference-type calls (Audio Acrobat only);
- use audio on any number of web sites and web pages;
- send audio messages by email (audio postcards).
- record customer testimonials by phone, regardless of where they are located.
- powerful statistics on how your audio messages are played
- add video to your web pages and emails (included with Audio Acrobat, extra with Audio Generator)
I advise you to visit both web sites and compare them directly, as features and pricing plans change as both technology and the marketplace evolve. Both Audio Acrobat and Audio Generator offer a trial period during which you can explore the system to see which one fits your needs and budget the best.
My personal preference and recommendation is Audio Acrobat because it’s cheaper and includes video. However, Audio Generator has a tremendous feature called “Super Testimonials” which you have to see in action to understand how powerful it is.
One last note: If you decide to go with one of the Service Providers, back up your recordings often in case you decide to cancel your account, or your service provider encounters technical problems, or goes out of business. This is especially critical with irreplaceable content such as live tele-seminars and client testimonials.
Use audio (and video) to attract more clients and customers, describe your services or products, or in many other creative ways. Audio is so powerful, that one test shows that placing audio on an order page increased the conversion rate by more than 300% – I am sure, this alone may be reason enough for you to consider using audio on you web site today!